Position: Entry Level Bookkeeper
Paid training, no experience necessary! Basic Accounting knowledge equivalent to Intermediate Accounting is required. Great for college students trying to get a start in the field, parents with school age children, retirees, or anyone looking to supplement their income.
$15+/hr, 5-15 hrs/week
This is an entirely remote position. You make your own schedule and work from home.
Software training will include:
- QuickBooks Time
- Dext and/or Hubdoc receipt processing
- Not software, but you will become familiar with the Profit First system and how it helps businesses manage their money to remain profitable
You will be working with Dext, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and Google Docs for the following tasks:
- Accurately categorize transactions in Hubdoc or Dext and publish to QuickBooks (QBO)
- Match transactions from QBO bank feeds to those entered from Hubdoc or Dext and identify missing documentation
- Review all transactions for accuracy and reconcile accounts
- Make Journal Entries as necessary
- Use shared Google Doc for questions to client
- Participate in Zoom meetings for staff meetings, training and/or client meetings as necessary
- Experienced employees may work on Clean Up or Catch Up projects for new clients
- QuickBooks Online Core Certification -Certification is offered free through Intuit and can take as little as 2-3 days. You do not need to be certified before applying, but certification will need to be completed before starting work.
- DETAIL ORIENTED– I cannot stress this enough. There will be no shortcuts or “band-aid fixes” Everybody makes mistakes. It’s how you fix them that matters.
- Secure & PRIVATE internet connection (This is sensitive financial information. NO Starbucks, Panera, etc.!!!)
- Reliable computer, printer, and scanner
- Strong computer skills
- “B” or above in Intermediate Accounting I & II or experiential equivalent
- Agree to be bound by the AIPB Code of Ethics
US Residents only. Bookaholic Bookkeeping is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your past mistakes, life choices, LGBTQIA+ identity, religious beliefs (or lack of), gender identity, etc. are not factors in considering you for this position. What does matter is your integrity, work ethic, pride in the accuracy and comprehensiveness of your work, being able to do the job with reasonable accommodations, and enjoy accounting.